Sunday, April 24, 2011

Weekly Geeks 2011-14: Authors A to Z

You know how when someone asks you who your favorite author is? And you feel a bit crazy coming up with just one? Now is your chance to come up with 26 (at least) favorite authors by making a list of them ABC style.

This was a fun Weekly Geeks, even if it was hard for me to narrow down some of the names. Here's the list of my favorite authors from A-Z:

A) Jane Austen, Louisa May Alcott
B) Charlotte Bronte
C) Wilkie Collins
D) Charles Dickens, Arthur Conan Doyle
E) Lief Enger
F) Gustave Flaubert, William Faulkner
G) Elizabeth Gaskell, Robert Graves
H) Victor Hugo
I) Kazuo Ishiguro
J) Brian Jacques
K) Franz Kafka, Rudyard Kipling
L) C. S. Lewis
M) L. M. Montgomery, Daphne du Maurier
N) E. Nesbit
O) Flannery O'Connor
P) Howard Pyle
Q) N/A
R) Marilynn Robinson
S) William Shakespeare, Robert Louis Stevenson
T) J. R. R. Tolkien
U) Unknown (like the author of Beowulf)
V) Jules Verne
W) Laura Ingalls Wilder, Evelyn Waugh
X) N/A
Y) N/A
Z) N/A

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a lot of great authors on this list. Nice to see so many classic literary authors -- Collins, Flaubert, Faulkner, Hugo. I have to admit I have yet to read something by Faulkner. Brian Jacques is also a great pick, I struggled with the J's. And I've been meaning to read something by Jules Verne, this reminds me to add him to my already long TBR list.

It's my first visit to your blog but look forward to reading more!

Erotic Horizon said...

Daphne du Maurier - does make a lot of list - I do also love her work as well..

She is definately keeper shelf material..

have a great reading week..

:)