Monday, June 7, 2010

Weekly Geeks 2010-20: Wishin' and Thinkin' and Hopin' and Prayin'

Is your wishlist as big as your TBR pile? What books are topping your list? Are there any new releases that you are counting down the days for? Share a handful of titles and be sure to share why you want to get your hands on these books! And if another blogger is responsible for that book being on your wishlist, consider sharing a link to their review!

Ah, the wishlist. I'm actually kind of picky as to what books I add to my personal library, so my wish list is not nearly as long as my TBR list. I've actually bought quite a few of my favorites recently, but there are still a few gems out there that I'd love to add to my shelves.


Ben-Hur by Lew Wallace.


The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro


The Inheritance by Louisa May Alcott


Les Miserables by Victor Hugo


I, Claudius by Robert Graves


Christmas Short-Stories by Truman Capote


I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith

Soooo, if you've been wanting to buy me a book but have been putting it off because you just didn't know which one to get, this should give you a place to start. What's on your wishlist?

1 comment:

Lepidoptera said...

"The Inheritance" is a good read, but it is different from the movie with Meredith Baxter-Birney. I mainly remember the brother character being completely left out in that film version.

As for books on my wish list, right now I just need to read the ones that I have already been given that were on my wish list. Then I will start wishing for more!

"Ben Hur" (my grandfather's all-time favorite movie) and "Les Miserables" are two that I would like to read some day.